The building dates back to 1400, but was remolded by Bianca Cappello, mistress of Duke Francesco de’medici, in 1500, entrusting the project to the architect Bernardo Buontalenti. Noteworthy is the large wooden door to large drafts, one of the few originals that can be seen today in Florence. Remarkable also the facade, decorated with grotesques of graffiti, probably by Bernardino Poccetti. The Palace passed from the Hospital of Santa Maria Nuova and shortly thereafter in 1586 was purchased by John Riccardi, in whose family it remained until the mid-19th century.
The property, for a total of 650m², is composed of the caretaker’s apartment (which is no longer there) on the ground floor (kitchen, living room and hallway, service all about 33-35m²), a garage of 22.5m² with bath of 5m² with a loft bedroom (is given in another small apartment).
Mezzanine floor 20m² kitchen with more 2/3 4 bedrooms each with an area of around 17m² and 4 services. Third floor with large living room with double level of 56m² with terrace, within which there is a spiral staircase leading to a rooftop terrace where you can enjoy the exquisite scenery, from Santo Spirito to Pitti; living room of 52m²; living room of 69m²; 2 services, room various corridors. Third floor (mezzanine) with terrace and laundry. There is a lift that goes directly into the house.